I’ll add a brief feedback about Obertrauner Hof hotel in Obertraun, where we stayed one night to visit marvelous Hallstatt.
There were 3 of us travelling: 2 adults and a 9-year-old child (who by the way loves to sleep with parents). On Booking.com we were looking for a cozy hotel by the democratic price, with a possibility of staying with a child without complementary payment.
A room for two with balcony in “Obertrauner Hof” cost us 70 euros a night. We didn’t ask for a spare bed for our kid. Wide double bed easily managed to accommodate all three of us 🙂
Guest house looks very lovely, a 3-storeyed building with carved wooden balconies. An atmosphere of an Austrian village house surrounds you in the hall. Old drawers and secretaire, armchairs, a cupboard with glass doors, carved wooden bear and many other different things connected to Alpine home. We parked our car near the house at the free of charge (hurrah!) parking lot.
Hotel’s owner is of British extraction, and has been living in Obertraun for 3 years already. According to him, the climate there is quite pleasant, in comparison to his native Albion 🙂
– democratic price (in the neighboring Hallstatt a room will cost you at least 20 euros above our price)
– free-of-charge nearby parking lot
– included breakfasts
– very clean place, very
– hospitable owner (English-friendly)
– there’s a separate room for children in a hotel – with TV-set, toys, rugs, coloring books and other stuff to keep your darlings busy (as for me, it’s quite important, with love to little hotel patrons)
– every floor has its own organized kind ‘a lobby (cozy sofas, lamps, books and magazines, a cattle and cups, and everything you’ll need to make yourself a cuppa, and also a little fridge for your own provision)
– there’s a grocery shop nearby, bus stop is 5 minutes walk, train station – 10 minutes; lake – 15 minutes. And, in general, everything isn’t far. 🙂 And looks as a dollhouse game!
– we had a mountain view from the balcony, you can enjoy it in the evening, having a steaming beverage and watching the night draw on; albeit, it was rather chilly in the evening.
– it’s 5 km (cca 3 miles) walk to Hallstatt (either by feet or by bus).
There were not any minuses noticed. Only one shower gel in the bathroom (bring your own if too pedantic).
Breakfasts are standard: sliced sausage, ham and other meat, several sorts of cheese, fresh vegetables, butter, bread, toaster, jams, milk, cornflakes and cereals, fresh apples and peach compote, tea and a coffee-machine, sweets in packages – mini-croissants, biscuits, juices. Cacao had been made for our son, the owner took care of it 🙂 Very cute.
It was a very pleasant place – cozy as if at home, simple, with love to visitors, not leaving out the smallest details – an excellent choice for the calm and unhurried vacation.